Yesterday Varley Group was delighted to celebrate our 130th Birthday with afternoon tea parties at each of our facilities around Australia.
The feature piece of the afternoon was the unveiling an Honour Board at our Tomago Head Office.
The ‘Ray Hall Memorial Honour Board’ – named after our beloved former employee of 70 years – acknowledges the following current and former employees whom have served Varley for more than 30 years throughout the our long history:
- Raymond Hall (commenced: 1940, years: 70)
- Edward (Ted) Bunn (commenced: 1946, years: 39)
- Dennis Beveridge (commenced: 1965, years: 51)
- Anthony Potter (commenced: 1965, years: 44)
- Clement Varley (commenced: 1966, years: 34)
- Kevin Johnston (commenced: 1967, years: 42)
- Michael O’Rourke (commenced: 1971, years: 42)
- Richard Hadden (commenced: 1971, years: 38)
- William Riley (commenced: 1973, years: 34)
- Dennis Gardiner (commenced: 1974, employed to date)
- Kerry (Ross) Wells (commenced: 1985, employed to date)
- Scott Foy (commenced: 1985, employed to date)
- Andrew Henderson (commenced: 1986, years: 30)
- Stephen Dart (commenced 1986, employed to date)
- Brian Heslop (commenced 1986, employed to date)
- David Aitchison (commenced 1986, employed to date)
Many of the above Honour Board inductees and their families were in attendance at the ceremony yesterday, alongside their families, current Varley employees, directors and VIP guests.
We were also delighted to host Peg Hall to unveil the Honour Board, representing her late husband Ray whom sadly passed away in 2010.
Varley are proud to celebrate such a momentous occasion together with many integral members of the company and wish to sincerely thank all whom have contributed to Varley’s success throughout the past 130 years.