Newcastle Central Fire Brigade at G. H. Varley


The Newcastle Central Fire Brigade - with their horse-drawn fire-fighting cart - outside G. H. Varley's workshop (left of image) in King Street, Newcastle. Image captured circa 1890.

The large Bonds Store building in the background (next door to Varley) remains today, however Varley's workshop was demolished and replaced by a brick office building many decades ago.

Browse the area as it exists today on Google Satellite here:

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-32.9275607,151.7790142,3a,56.1y,167.35h,98.13t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s-8WLUwpK2JXxn2AazFrNUA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656