We are looking for a high achiever who has an Engineering Degree and solid experience leading a complex team…we have a newly created position for a (national) Engineering Manager who will oversee and optimize engineering outputs at several locations. Key results will include DIFOT, adherence to quality and other processes, and of course the Varley Group hallmark of innovation!
While the position will be based at the Tomago Headquarters, regular travel will be required including but not limited to:
This position will manage a number of engineers, designers and draftspersons ensuring both efficiency and effectiveness of processes geared towards operational excellence (both design and manufacturing phases).
There will be some requirement to directly interface with customers / potential customers and also to liaise with manufacturing and other managers. The position reports to the CEO of Varley Vehicles.
To be given serious consideration for this position, it is essential that your application highlights the following:
1. Your ability and success with planning and managing all aspects of engineering performance against budget, process / quality requirements and customer expectations.
2. Track record of diligence with regard to labour forecasting and control to deliver work to spec / standards on time.
3. History of properly communicating with, developing and otherwise managing a cross functional team located at various sites.
4. Strong commitment to both quality and continuous improvement systems in engineering.
5. Substantial experience in a senior engineering role within an Australian manufacturing business.
6. Genuine understanding and practical application of appropriate metrics to drive superior performance in engineering.
7. Prior experience (and success) in implementing and managing organisational change.
Applicants called for interview will be required to attend in person with 48 hours’ notice. For any further details, or call 02 4964 0400.
To apply, please call 02 4964 0400 or complete the Application Form 2018 and email it (together with a copy of your resume) to firstname.lastname@example.org.